OMHA - Permission to Skate AAA/Junior (St. Marys Minor Hockey)

PrintOMHA - Permission to Skate AAA/Junior

Permission to Skate for AAA
(updated March 2024)

For the 2024-25 season, players need to register in the HCR/Spordle to the 'AAA Permissions to Skate 2024-25' to receive a Permission to Skate (PTS) form. There is no fee for the PTS registration. Registration for a PTS in the HCR will hold a place for the player on a SMMHA team however standard registration with SMMHA must be done within 7 days of being released from a AAA team. If done within this time, the player will be released from the waitlist immediately. Registrations received after that point will be held on the waitlist pending room on the team. A link to the SMMHA registration portal for PTS can be found here.


Please contact our Player Movement Coordinator (Rick Harburn) at [email protected]
and provide the following information: 

- Player Name and Date of Birth
- Address (including 911 address number if rural)
- Residence Since (how long have you been at this address)
- Previous year's team and division
- Team and division they are trying out for

Permission to Skate for JUNIOR
Please contact our Player Movement Coordinator (Rick Harburn) at [email protected] and provide the following information:

- Player Name and Date of Birth
- Address (including 911 address number if rural)
- Previous year's team and division
- Team and division they are trying out for

Players that are too old to play U18 do not require a PTS for Junior team tryouts.

Note: Please allow 48 hours for forms to be processed. 

If you have any questions please email our Player Movement Coordinator (Rick Harburn) at [email protected]


A list of FAQ's to get you through the tryout process

Q: When do tryouts for AAA usually start?
A: For the 2024-25 season the first date in which AAA tryouts may begin for U10-16 is April 20th.

Q: How long do the tryouts run?
A: 7 Days

Q: What does a player need to do to try out for AAA hockey?
A: First the player needs to acquire a Permission to Skate form from their home association.

Q: Is there a cost for the 'Permission' form?
A: No. Home Centres are not allowed to charge for providing a 'Permission' form.

Q: What do I do with the Permission form?
A: Ensure that the form is filled out in its entirety with all required information and signatures. Check the website for the AAA club at which you intend to tryout to obtain updated information about the tryout dates for the division in which you are interested. Tryout registration is usually done on-line or in person. The AAA club will provide instructions on how and when to register for tryouts. The Permission form will need to accompany your application for tryouts. OMHA regulations require that this permission form is submitted to the AAA club before the player is allowed on the ice.

Q:When will the AAA Centre/Zone advise if my son/daughter has been successful in obtaining a position on the team?
A: A player must be offered a position on a AAA team in writing by the end of the forth [4th] day of tryouts.