SMMHA Refund Policy (last updated March 2023)
Minor hockey fees (i.e. registration, rep, tournament, insurance) paid (including registration deposit) are non-refundable with the following exceptions:
- Player is deemed medically unfit or has an injury that prevents participation. Written confirmation by a licensed medical practitioner must be provided in support of a refund request. The amount of any refund will be determined based on the date the player is no longer able to participate and the portion of the season remaining.
- Player participates in tryouts at a higher level of competition and signed to a roster. This includes any player who joins a junior team provided the junior team reimburses SMMHA the minimum as set in OMHA Regulations "Development (Release) Fees".
- Player is displaced due to SMMHA not offering a division or team for the player.
- Player is required to leave SMMHA due to a residential relocation. The amount of any refund will be determined based on the date the player is no longer able to participate and the portion of the season remaining.
- Player is a first year hockey player and has never been registered with SMMHA or another association in previous years.
All refund requests must be submitted online using the Refund/Reimbursement Request Form with appropriate documentation. Refund requests made outside the online form will not be processed. Refunds may take up to 30 days from receipt to be processed and funds issued.