St Marys Minor Hockey Financial Assistance Policy
St. Marys Minor Hockey is committed to ensuring that everyone who wants to play hockey can. If your family requires financial support, please explore the following programs:
Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program
Canadian Tire JumpStart is a community-based charitable program that helps kids in financial need participate in organized sports and recreation activities such as hockey.
- Applicants must be 5 to 18 years’ old
- Funding up to $300 per child is available
- A maximum of one program per child is allowed per season
- Funding is available for different members of the same family during the same season
- Funding approval is dependent on the financial situation of each child and will be determined by the JumpStart Committee
Applicants are required to apply to Jumpstart directly. SMMHA CANNOT apply for funds from Jumpstart on behalf of anyone. Once applicants (parents/guardians) have been approved, they will be notified by Jumpstart via email. This email must be forwarded to the registrar by the applicant (parents) [email protected].
Other bursary options are:
The Registrar must be made aware of all approved amounts by emailing [email protected].
If your family is successful with receiving an external bursary, you can also access SMMHA bursary funds to cover the balance of your registration fee and your rep fee, upon request to the Registrar.
If you do not qualify for bursary funds but could benefit from a payment plan, please email [email protected] at least 1 week before the payment deadline to make arrangements.
Only the registrar, treasurer and president are made aware of the situation/names.
Last updated March 2, 2023