St Marys Minor Hockey Financial Assistance Policy
Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program
Canadian Tire JumpStart is a community-based charitable program that helps kids in financial need participate in organized sports and recreation activities such as hockey.
- Applicants must be 5 to 18 years’ old
- Funding up to $300 per child is available
- A maximum of one program per child is allowed per season
- Funding is available for different members of the same family during the same season
- Funding approval is dependent on the financial situation of each child and will be determined by the JumpStart Committee
All requests are required to apply to Jumpstart directly.
Once applicants have been approved they will be notified by Jumpstart via email. This email must be forwarded to the registrar by the applicant (parents) [email protected]
The Registrar must be made aware of all approved amounts for financial records provided to the treasurer regarding registration income.
In certain cases, bursary funds may be used for additional assistance and information may be obtained by contacting the registrar. All requests are kept confidential. Only the registrar, treasurer and president are made aware of situation/names.
The registrar, treasurer or president CANNOT apply for funds from jumpstart on behalf of anyone.
Last updated June 1, 2022