OMHA Non-Resident Player Policy
Here is an overview of the OMHA Non Resident Player (NRP) Passport program regarding outgoing players.
- Player registers with their St Marys Minor Hockey (home centre)
- Player requests a Passport from their Home Centre if they wish to tryout for an OMHA AA team. Only players at U12 and above will be given a passport.
- The Home Centre will pre-register the player in the HCR system as "NON-Resident Player Passport" in the group drop down box in the pre-registration section. The Home Centre retains the top copy of the passport.
- The Home Centre will fill out the Passport
- Name of Player
- Date of Birth
- Home Centre Player is eligible to attend tryouts with "OMHA AA Centre or AA team in AAA Centre"
- Home Centre Authorizing Signature
- Print Title (of the authorizing signature)
- Date of authorizing signature
The rest of the Passport will be filled out by the AA team's centre and, if the player is successful in obtaining a position with the team to which they are trying out for, the AA team's Centre will upload the completed Passport in The Player’s Profile in the HCR System. If the player is unsuccessful in obtaining a position, he returns to the Home Centre.
It is also important to know that the AA team is allowed to only accept 3 NRP players.
Note: Per OMHA Regulation 3.5 c) vi) 2)Players from OMHA Base Category "A" Centres have the options to:
Note: Per OMHA Regulation 3.5 c) i) Movement to OMHA AA is permitted only for players U12 and above (11 years old as of Dec 31st of the current playing season)
- Tryout at their regional AAA Zone (per regulations) but this is not mandatory
- Players can tryout for 1 AA team in an OMHA AAA or AA base category centre
- Home Centre's Rep teams
If you require a NRP passport, please email your name, date of birth, the centre you are wishing to attend tryouts to the SMMHA OMHA rep.
If you make the AA team, it is YOUR responsibility to notify the registrar.