Registration for the 2023-24 season has now moved to a waitlist system. Please refer to the information and links below. Please be patient with the process, you will be notified once a spot has opened up and we are able to approve the move to full registration.
For general information about the U5 - U7 program, please visit the FAQ here
For general information about the U9 - U18 program, please visit the FAQ here
Registration Information, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Please refer to the registration fee information below for required deposit information.
- For U5 & U7 (boys and girls born 2017-2020), please register with OMHA on the HCR/Spordle site here.
* Please note you may receive an error message when registering for U5 that says your child is too young. You should be able to skip past that warning message and proceed to registration. If you are unable to proceed, please email [email protected].
- For U9 - U18 boys (born 2006-2016), please register with OMHA on the HCR/Spordle site here.
- For U9 - U18 girls (born 2006-2016), please fill out this form.
* Please note that when the OWHA registration form is available on RAMP, you will need to formally register there as well.
- For U21 boys (born 2003-2005), please register with OMHA on the HCR Spordle site here.
* Registration closes April 23. The weekly home ice allocation will be for one game and one practice and the team will play in the Shamrock league.
* If you are new to hockey and don't have a HCR/Spordle account, please create one here. Instructions can be found here. (Please note that for girls born in 2006-2016, you do not need to create an account in Spordle.)
All new players to minor hockey are required to upload their birth certificate and proof of residency (photo of a parent's driver's license or utility bill that matches the registration address) to their profile. The system will allow you to complete the registration process without this but you will not be approved by OMHA until it is there.
All new players are also required to have a course completed for "Respect In Sport". If you have had other children in minor hockey, you should only need to add your new player to your existing account. Instructions for both new families and returning families can be found here.
* Please note that RIS charges a small fee for the course.
Registration fees for the 2023-24 season:
U5 (2019/2020) - $225
U7 (2017/2018) - $350
U9 (2015/2016) - $775
U11 (2013/2014) - $775
U13 (2011/2012) - $775
U15 (2009/2010) - $800
U16 (Boys 2008) - $800
U18 (2006/2007/2008) - $800
U21 (Boys 2003/2004/2005) - $800
A deposit of $50 for U5 & U7 and $100 for U9 - U21 is required to secure your registration.
Please transfer this to [email protected]
no later than April 9 for U5-U18 and April 23 for U21. Please note your player's name in the memo line of the e-transfer.
The balance of your fee is due no later than August 20. You may make either a lump sum payment by August 20 or multiple smaller payments between now and August 20.
Please forward payment to: [email protected]
. Please note your player's name and division in the memo line of the e-transfer. If full payment is not received by August 20, a $50 late payment fee will apply. A player will not be considered registered if no payment has been received.
Registration fees cover the following expenses:
- Ice rental
- Equipment (jerseys, pucks, practice items, etc.)
- Administration (website, gamesheets, league dues)
- Mandatory $50 insurance fee
Please note that for the 2022-23 season, OMHA eliminated gate fees which had been used to pay referees. Up until that point, OWHA teams had been paying their referees directly. SMMHA absorbed all referee costs in 2022-23 to be able to accurately determine how much would need to be included in registration fees moving forward.
If you require financial assistance, please refer to the SMMHA Financial Assistance Policy
Out of Town/NRP Players
SMMHA Waiting List registration (no cost) for our of town players will open April 11. Please refer back to this page at that time. Once we have looked at all of our numbers, we will make individual decisions to determine if we can accommodate out of town players for each age category. Please also refer to our NRP Policy
Signup for U10 - U16 tryouts will open April 17. SMMHA players must be fully registered (including the $100 deposit) to signup unless from another centre. For boys from other centres, a signed Passport is required. For girls from other centres, a signed Permission to Skate form is required. A tryout information package and schedule will be available on the website on April 17.
Tryouts for U18-U21 will be held in the fall. More details TBA.
Evaluation skates for U8 boys and U9 boys will take place in the fall. More details TBA.
Body Checking Clinic
SMMHA intends to offer a body checking clinic prior to tryouts. More information TBD.
If you have any questions that are not covered in the FAQ's linked above, please contact the registrar: [email protected]