As our players get back onto the ice, here are a few
- U9-U13 Development Skates are optional and organized by age and last name.
- Tryouts (Evaluations for U9) are for those players looking to play Rep hockey. Tryouts begin Saturday for our U15 and U16 Rep teams with the remainder of team tryouts occurring over a number of weeks. As previously posted, don’t forget to review the tryout policy and register to attend tryouts. Completing the online tryout registration form must be done no later than 48hrs before first tryout. Tryout lists go to coaches and all players will be checked in by the Division Rep prior to getting onto the ice. Attending first team tryouts and being released will be required before attending second team tryouts. Only SMMHA registered players can attend tryouts unless prior approval was granted by SMMHA.
- Tryouts are never easy for coaches, players or parents. Please be patient and respectful. All player releases will occur through the use of the team webpage and this will be explained at the parent/player meeting at first tryout. 24hr Policy must be followed. Be assured players end up playing on the team best matched to their skills and abilities.
- Players not attending tryouts will be notified in the coming weeks when hockey will begin.
- Ice times remain variable and subject to change over the first few weeks. Please continue to check the website calendar regularly for ice times and any changes.
As always, reach out to a member of the SMMHA staff if you need anything.
On behalf of SMMHA, have fun getting back onto the ice and good luck!