OWHA - Permission to Tryout (St. Marys Minor Hockey)

PrintOWHA - Permission to Tryout
Permission to Tryout for OWHA Players
(updated March 2024)

For the 2024-25 season players should register with SMMHA through our online form. There is no fee for the PTT registration. A PTT form must be filled out in its entirety, including the Association, age group and category for which a player intends to tryout.

Please contact our OWHA Rep at [email protected] as well as the registrar at [email protected] and provide the following information:


- Player Name, first and last
- Date of birth
- Organization, team and category they are trying out for (eg. Org Name U15A)

Note: Permission to Tryout form must be used when a player wishes to attend a tryout hosted by another OWHA association or OWHA independent team. A player must receive a Permission to Tryout or a release from her last registered OWHA association or OWHA independent team in order to be eligible.

Should the player successfully secure a spot in another organization, their registration in that organization will initiate a transfer and release from St. Marys Minor Hockey through RAMP. Payments and refunds are administered through each individual organization and are not transferrable.

Player movement is restricted to one transfer of registration per season, while multiple PTT can be obtained for multiple organizations during the tryout dates.

Note: Please allow 48 hours for forms to be processed.

Note: PTT forms will NOT be issued to move to another centre to play the same level of hockey as SMMHA offers.

If you have any questions please email our OWHA Rep: [email protected]