On Wednesday, September 6, 2017, arena staff were made aware of an air quality issue at the Pyramid Recreation Centre.
staff immediately called the Fire Department and investigated the area.
It was determined that the Zamboni may have been emitting unusual
levels of Carbon Monoxide.
To resolve the issue both rinks were
ventilated and the Zamboni was sent for repairs. The Ministry of Labour
was also made aware of the situation.
facility and its ventilation system have been re-tested for Carbon
Monoxide and have been found safe. The Zamboni has been emission-tested
and is also ready for service.
If you attended the arena yesterday and feel unwell (i.e. experience symptoms such as headaches, nausea, shortness of breath etc.), please seek care from a physician.
Director of Building & Development
519-284-2340, ext. 215
Links to the Town of St.Marys social media posts re: Air Quality