Permission to Skate AAA/Junior (St. Marys Minor Hockey)

PrintPermission to Skate AAA/Junior

Permission to Skate for AAA/Junior
(updated Aug 5, 2021)

Anyone needing a permission to skate form for AAA/Junior , please contact our OMHA Rep (Mike Johnson)  at [email protected]

Please provide via email the following:


- Player Name and Date of Birth
- Address (including 911 address number if rural address)
- Previous year's team
- Team they are trying out for

For the 2021-22 season you no longer need to register with SMMHA to receive a permission to skate form.

Players born in 2003 or earlier that want to tryout for Junior do NOT need a permission to skate from home center.

Note: Please allow 48 hours for forms to be processed. 

If you have any questions please email Mike Johnson OMHA Rep 

From the OMHA website:


A list of FAQ's to get you through the tryout process

Q: When do tryouts for AAA usually start?
A: The first date in which AAA tryouts may begin is on the Friday following the Labour Day weekend. The OHF Calendar lists the start dates as: U12 and above - Sept 10 and U11 - Sept 13.

Q: How long do the tryouts run?
A: 7 Days

Q: What does a player need to do to try out for AAA hockey?
A: First the player needs to acquire a Permission to Skate form from their home association.

Q: Is there a cost for the 'Permission' form?
A: No. Home Centres are not allowed to charge for providing a 'Permission' form.

Q: What do I do with the Permission form?
A: Ensure that the form is filled out in its entirety with all required information and signatures. Check the website for the AAA club at which you intend to tryout to obtain updated information about the tryout dates for the division in which you are interested. Tryout registration is usually done on-line or in person. The AAA club will provide instructions on how and when to register for tryouts. The Permission form will need to accompany your application for tryouts. OMHA regulations require that this permission form is submitted to the AAA club before the player is allowed on the ice.

Q:When will the AAA Centre/Zone advise if my son/daughter has been successful in obtaining a position on the team?
A: A player must be offered a position on a AAA team in writing by the end of the forth [4th] day of tryouts.

Printed from on Monday, October 25, 2021 at 1:15 AM